There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune



Is this thing on?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Q: Why does Michael Jackson like twenty-five-year-old boys?
A: Because there are twenty of them.

I managed to tell this joke in Turkish today in class, which was quite a feat. Humour is extremely difficult to master in another language. As an example, I speak French pretty much fluently, but could never manage to tell a joke that would please the Gallic funnybone. I suppose this is primarily due to the fact that the French believe that Jerry Lewis and people with red plastic noses are the pinnacle of human comedy. French famously has no proper word which is the equivalent of "humour". They are literally humourless.

Anyway, the joke I actually wanted to tell, but was unable to, is the following, contributed by Ace:
Q: What is the difference between a Ukrainian woman and a catfish?
A: One stinks and has whiskers, and the other is a fish.

Badoom-cha!


0 Responses to “Is this thing on?”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Sunset Shazz
  • Living the dream in Istanbul, Türkiye
  • I grew up in the hardscrabble streets of suburban Ottawa, Ontario, committing petty crime, insulting the elderly - basically the classic misspent youth. When I was 19, I moved to West Philly, where I put myself through the Wharton School by dealing crack and hustling. After stints in Paris and London, I eventually graduated and moved to San Francisco, where I put in eight years hard labor working for The Man. But now I pop bottles with models, deciding cracked crab or lobster - who says mobsters don't prosper?
    More information about this blog.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3