There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune



Why I have not been posting


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I suspect that over the next few weeks the frequency of posts will experience somewhat of a lull. This Turkish class is kicking my ass. Although I am making rapid progress with the material, it is requiring at least two or three hours of study per day, outside of class. Those of you who were at college with me can imagine how difficult this is proving. At my most conscientious, I never, ever applied myself with such alacrity at the old school.

And all of this is occurring with Istanbul as a backdrop, where it is not uncommon to stay out until the wee hours.

Tough town to study in.


1 Responses to “Why I have not been posting”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    What are you talking about? I am confused. I was told that while in school you studied every day for 8 hours, like a job. This 2-3 hours of studying Turkish should by like eating cake for you.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Sunset Shazz
  • Living the dream in Istanbul, Türkiye
  • I grew up in the hardscrabble streets of suburban Ottawa, Ontario, committing petty crime, insulting the elderly - basically the classic misspent youth. When I was 19, I moved to West Philly, where I put myself through the Wharton School by dealing crack and hustling. After stints in Paris and London, I eventually graduated and moved to San Francisco, where I put in eight years hard labor working for The Man. But now I pop bottles with models, deciding cracked crab or lobster - who says mobsters don't prosper?
    More information about this blog.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3