There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune



Knappy in da house


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My buddy Knappy and his friend Barb showed up in Istanbul yesterday. Knappy is an avid reader of the blog and insists that I have carte blanche to publish any and all of his exploits, however he doesn't want his real name being used. Pretty much everyone knows him as Knappy anyway, so I don't believe this subterfuge achieves a great deal.

Knappy, for those of you who don't know, is a legend. He and my buddy Clanger jointly formed the most competent administration at my old college fraternity (rather akin to a "tallest midget" designation). Knappy was the man who organized some of the most ridiculous mixers and parties I've ever seen, including a memorable one where he stood on the DJ's mixing table and sang the entire lyrics to Young MC's immortal "Busta Move". Many of his more entertaining exploits are unsuitable for the exceedingly high "family blog" editorial standards that we at Taken At The Flood seek to espouse.

But I will keep you up to date as to his adventures.


0 Responses to “Knappy in da house”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Sunset Shazz
  • Living the dream in Istanbul, Türkiye
  • I grew up in the hardscrabble streets of suburban Ottawa, Ontario, committing petty crime, insulting the elderly - basically the classic misspent youth. When I was 19, I moved to West Philly, where I put myself through the Wharton School by dealing crack and hustling. After stints in Paris and London, I eventually graduated and moved to San Francisco, where I put in eight years hard labor working for The Man. But now I pop bottles with models, deciding cracked crab or lobster - who says mobsters don't prosper?
    More information about this blog.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3