There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune



Gina's in town


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



My old college roommate is in town from Ankara, for a little fun in the city before she moves to Kosovo. We were discussing how odd it is that many of our circle are scattering all over the globe. EnduranceJay is likely moving to Shanghai. Ace reports that in the near future he may be stationed in India. I told Double-B to get with the program and move to Estonia or Brazil, perhaps.

Last night after dinner we were chilling at Cezayir, a local bar, and met up with some friends of friends. There was myself, Gina and her co-worker who is from Ottawa - obviously three anglophones. One of the guys we met up with lives in Connecticut, so his English was decent, but the other spoke not a word. So this was excellent - I got a chance to practice my Turkish after having downed a few drinks. The last time I tried this I was completely incapable of speech, so over the last few weeks I think I've made some small progress.


1 Responses to “Gina's in town”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Do you mean progress with your Turkish, or progress not slurring your speech while soused?
    Say hi to Gina for me!

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Sunset Shazz
  • Living the dream in Istanbul, Türkiye
  • I grew up in the hardscrabble streets of suburban Ottawa, Ontario, committing petty crime, insulting the elderly - basically the classic misspent youth. When I was 19, I moved to West Philly, where I put myself through the Wharton School by dealing crack and hustling. After stints in Paris and London, I eventually graduated and moved to San Francisco, where I put in eight years hard labor working for The Man. But now I pop bottles with models, deciding cracked crab or lobster - who says mobsters don't prosper?
    More information about this blog.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3