There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune



Skiing


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I write this missive from a mountain located approximately three hours east of Istanbul. Despite having gloves that are too small, boots that are a little roomy, and a small resort hill reminiscent of the dreaded East Coast, by God, I have been skiing. Had I not taken this opportunity, it would have been the first year in perhaps a decade in which I had not hit the slopes. The skiing is not spectacular - spring conditions on mostly bunny slopes - but we had "juicy fruit" skies*, mulled wine, and huge amounts of good food. So all is well.

*Refers to blue skies, as seen in the Juicy Fruit gum commercials from the mid-eighties.


1 Responses to “Skiing”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    So, we're working hard, are we?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Sunset Shazz
  • Living the dream in Istanbul, Türkiye
  • I grew up in the hardscrabble streets of suburban Ottawa, Ontario, committing petty crime, insulting the elderly - basically the classic misspent youth. When I was 19, I moved to West Philly, where I put myself through the Wharton School by dealing crack and hustling. After stints in Paris and London, I eventually graduated and moved to San Francisco, where I put in eight years hard labor working for The Man. But now I pop bottles with models, deciding cracked crab or lobster - who says mobsters don't prosper?
    More information about this blog.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3