There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune



The Old Man Still Has It


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Today, on the streets of Istanbul, J randomly ran into some friends from Ottawa, in town with their parents. So we took the girls out, showed them a good time, then dutifully chauffeured them back to their hotel, where Father and Mother were waiting (because, of course, they're in a dangerous foreign country).

I was a bit surprised to find the parents outside at a cafe at the receiving end, and was even more surprised to find that the father displayed the unmistakable lightheartedness of one who has enjoyed a few Rakı. A solid sportsman, one who seemed like the right sort of fellow when away from the old ball and chain, so when he asked, I cheerfully handed him my card.

"So, " intones The Father, examining my business card, "you're Dr. Diamond's son, are you?"

"Actually, in this part of the world, they ask him if he is Sunset's father. . . "

Amazıng, after all these years, people still ask me the same old stuff.


0 Responses to “The Old Man Still Has It”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Sunset Shazz
  • Living the dream in Istanbul, Türkiye
  • I grew up in the hardscrabble streets of suburban Ottawa, Ontario, committing petty crime, insulting the elderly - basically the classic misspent youth. When I was 19, I moved to West Philly, where I put myself through the Wharton School by dealing crack and hustling. After stints in Paris and London, I eventually graduated and moved to San Francisco, where I put in eight years hard labor working for The Man. But now I pop bottles with models, deciding cracked crab or lobster - who says mobsters don't prosper?
    More information about this blog.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3