There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune



Sic Transit Gloria Cow Hollow


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I write this sitting in my apartment without any furniture or telecommunications, poaching off a neighbor's internet, waiting for the movers to cart away the remainder of my possessions.

I'm not sure when I'll see the stuff in boxes, since importing into Turkey requires documentation and approvals, filled in triplicate with the proper TPS cover sheets. Therefore I have attempted to pack as much as possible into the suitcases out of which I shall presumably be living for the foreseeable future.

A few days ago, my best friend Ace (aka the Original Swine) calls up and says "Are ya living like a gypsy yet?"

Yes, now I am living like a gypsy.

Couple of blog-related issues:
1) You can leave comments by clicking on the numbers next to the posts.
2) I have shortened the long posts on the main page (such as the Paris Hilton story) - by clicking on the titles one may access the full posts. I do not know how to code, so this is the best I can come up with.
3) My father asks that you do not take the "about" section literally. "People will think we threw you out of the house," he said, not a little piqued. Yes, Virginia, the internet is a pack of lies.


0 Responses to “Sic Transit Gloria Cow Hollow”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Sunset Shazz
  • Living the dream in Istanbul, Türkiye
  • I grew up in the hardscrabble streets of suburban Ottawa, Ontario, committing petty crime, insulting the elderly - basically the classic misspent youth. When I was 19, I moved to West Philly, where I put myself through the Wharton School by dealing crack and hustling. After stints in Paris and London, I eventually graduated and moved to San Francisco, where I put in eight years hard labor working for The Man. But now I pop bottles with models, deciding cracked crab or lobster - who says mobsters don't prosper?
    More information about this blog.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3