There is a tide in the affairs of men,
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune



Busy working night and day


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Over the last couple of days, the old school has been holding a little shindig for its alumni. Man, when they do it, they do it right. The function was held at the breathtaking Çırağan Palace, an old Ottoman beauty hewn from marble that has stunning Bosphorus views. The Prime Minister made an appearance, and when I asked him a question, he looked me right in the eye as he was eloquently not answering it.

The quality of people I met there was top-notch. Too often, one meets BSers and "empty suits", as a colleague used to term them. Here, the people were "real" - from captains of industry, down to the undergrads who are not averse to a cocktail or two. Solid.

Then, last night, somehow my buddy Sal inviegled his way into a party which was held poolside at a mansion on a hill overlooking the Bosphorus. Double Barrel and I roll up, and an attendant shows us to a crowd of people by the pool, dancing. We casually stroll in, grab some cocktails, and immediately start chatting up some young Turkish ladies, when the DJ takes it upon himself to introduce Dre and Tupac into the mix. I mean, this scene could have been on the Sunset Strip. Again, solid.


0 Responses to “Busy working night and day”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm Sunset Shazz
  • Living the dream in Istanbul, Türkiye
  • I grew up in the hardscrabble streets of suburban Ottawa, Ontario, committing petty crime, insulting the elderly - basically the classic misspent youth. When I was 19, I moved to West Philly, where I put myself through the Wharton School by dealing crack and hustling. After stints in Paris and London, I eventually graduated and moved to San Francisco, where I put in eight years hard labor working for The Man. But now I pop bottles with models, deciding cracked crab or lobster - who says mobsters don't prosper?
    More information about this blog.
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3